BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Relaxed schooling

Since I have been sick for the past two weeks (feeling better now, thanks) things have been really relaxed around here.  We finally started back to school yesterday, but it was an easy day of math, LA, history and watching two episodes of America: The Story of Us to review what we've learned in American history so far.  Today was another relaxed day.  Here you can see Sweet Potato working on his language book on my bed.


He was really not enjoying Primary Language Lessons and was not getting anything out of it but frustration, so I decided to switch him to a more structured language curriculum.  I chose Christian Light Education's Language Arts.  After looking through the samples online, I realized we would need to back up to 1st grade level.  However we were able to skip the first two units and start with Unit 3.  So there are 8 units, each a skinny workbook, similiar to Lifepacs.  So far he is getting through it much better and is learning more also.


2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hi! I found your blog on the MFW forum. I'd love to hear what you think of CLE...my son just wasn't loving Intermediate Language Lessons either. We are still doing it some, but I'm blending it with Rod & Staff 5. We do R&S 1 or 2 days & ILL 1 or 2 days. We do Writing Strands the other 2 days. Another subject he doesn't love!! I'm still not sure I love R&S either, but I've just got to get something and stick with it!

Nikki said...

Hi, Ashley, thanks for reading! CLE was okay, but seems disjointed to me. I ended up buying R&S English 3 so we'll see how that goes. I am going to try PLL again with my 2nd grader and see how she does with it.